A look at Princess Diana's jewellery now worn by The Duchesses of Cambridge and Sussex, including some pieces of Diana's I am hoping will reappear!
A lot of The Princess of Wales' jewellery collection has remained with her boys, apart from the pieces she loaned from The Queen or the pieces that were sold at auction.
She wrote in a special letter: "I would like you to allocate all my jewellery to the share to be held by my sons, so that their wives may, in due course, have it or use it."
1. The sapphire and diamond earrings were given to Kate, who had them made into a more modern drop design. The original earrings featured a double sapphire drop - the bottom sapphire drop being used for Kate's earrings along with the small diamond above.
2. Collingwood pearl and diamond earrings, given to Diana as a wedding present from Collingwood jewellers.
3. Diana's engagement ring was picked out by Prince Harry as a keepsake after her death, but he kindly gave it to William since he got engaged first.
4. The Aprey aquamarine ring given to Meghan on her wedding day by Harry was last worn by Diana to auction off her own clothes at Christie's in 1997.
5. The pearl bracelet designed by Nigel Milne that Diana wore with her famous 'Elvis' outfit is now in Kate's collection.
6. The butterfly earrings and gold bracelet with blue stones, worn by Diana after Prince Harry's birth now belong to Meghan.
I've also included some items that I would love to see reappear.
Below is a list of The Duchess of Cambridge’s more affordable earrings, many of which are still available for purchase, in case you feel like treating yourself ;) If the text below is hyperlinked it means the earrings are still available to purchase!
1. Catherine Zoraida Gold Double Leaf Earrings - £150.
4. Beaut Jewelry ‘Eva’ earrings - £195.
5. Azuni ‘Kate’ Aqua Chalcedony Earrings - £29.50.
6. Catherine Zoraida Gold Fern Hoop Earrings - £150.
7. Mirabelle ‘Lolita’ Gold Plated Loop Earrings - £39.
8. Oscar de la Renta Hammered Gold-Plated Faux Pearl Earrings - £74.
9. Kenneth Jay Lane The Duchess Clover Earrings - £137.
10. Patrick Mavros Crocodile Silver Stud Earrings (large) - £160.
11. Serretta Red Sponge Coral Earrings - £36.
12. Accessorize Filigree Bead Short Drop Earrings - £8.
13. Shelley MacDonald Large Bronze Modern Ulu Earrings - $63.
14. Kate Spade Pretty Poms Tassel Statement Earrings - $69.
15. In2Design Baroque Pearl Earrings - £120.
16. Monica Vinader Siren Wire Earrings in Green Onyx - £135.
17. Oscar de la Renta Pearl Sun Star Button Earrings - $184.
18. Soru Baroque Pearl Double Sided Earrings - £135.
19. Heavenly Necklaces Pearl and Diamond Earrings - £64.
20. Simone Rocha Crystal Earrings - $295.
21. Links of London Effervescence Bubble Stiletto Earrings - £210.
Below is a compilation of the coats, jackets and dresses from Kate Middleton's pre-royal closet that she has worn after becoming a duchess.
1: Jane Troughton brocade coat: first worn to a friend’s wedding in 2009 and then Prince Philip’s 90th birthday celebration in 2012.
2: Armani red coat: first worn in 2006 to William’s passing out parade at Sandhurst, and then again in 2013 on a royal trip to Scotland.
3: Katherine Hooker coat: first worn to the 2006 Cheltenham festival, and then altered and worn again in 2011 on her very first royal engagement.
4. Joseph camel coat: worn a couple of times in 2007 and then to the Cheltenham festival in 2013.
5: Ted Baker 'Jinan' Trench Coat: worn to the 2008 Cheltenham festival and again on the 2011 Canada tour.
6: Birger et Mikkelsen coat: worn to two friends’ weddings in 2006 and 2010 and then to Zara & Mike Tindall’s wedding in 2011, a 2012 Olympic reception and a 2016 garden party in Ireland.
7: Unidentified polka dot skirt suit: worn to an art gallery exhibition in 2007, the Order of the Garter in 2008, the South African Embassy in 2013 and the French Embassy in 2015.
8: Ralph Lauren black jacket: worn to a film premiere in 2008, a charity event in 2010, the day after the 2011 royal wedding, a visit to Warner Bros Studios in 2013 and the US Embassy in 2016.
9: Issa bird print dress: first worn in 2009, then again when arriving at the Goring Hotel the night before her wedding in 2011, and again a few months later in Canada.
10. Zara black and white dress: worn clubbing twice in 2007 and then again in 2011 to a friend’s wedding.
Katie's Corner offers a retrospective look at Duchess Kate's sartorial choices.
Hello! My name is Katie and I live in New Zealand. I have followed Kate since her pre-Duchess days and have always admired her elegance and style, as well as her passion for the particular causes she has chosen to support as a Royal Patron. I started my Instagram @katemidleton in 2014 as a way to follow her official engagements, fashion choices and general royal life. I hope you enjoy my posts!